We offer a complete range of commercial dispute, debt dispute and insolvency services including:
- Legal Debt Recovery;
- Letters of Demand;
- Enforcing a Judgments;
- Statutory Demands;
- Setting-aside Statutory Demand;
- Winding-up Applications;
- Bankruptcy Creditor’s Petitions; and
- Resisting / defending insolvency applications.
Click on the link below for the debt recovery and insolvency service that you require.
Commercial & Debt Disputes
Are you looking for debt recovery services in Queensland? At Debt Recovery Qld we are experts in debt recovery and debt recovery. We can:
- Recovery your outstanding debts;
- Get you paid for unpaid invoices;
- Get your debtor to enter into a payment plan;
- Get the debtor to formally acknowledge their debt;
- If needed – refer this debt to commence Court action.
There are a number of reasons why debtors don’t pay their debts:
- They may just be bad payers.
- They may be waiting for someone to pay them.
- They may not have any money at all.
- They may think that they have a genuine dispute about the quality or quantum of your goods / services.
Whatever the reason for not paying their outstanding bills / invoices, we have ways to recover your debt.
Debt Recovery Services
The debt can be recovered legally by:
- Starting proceedings in the Court with jurisdiction;
- Filing and serving a claim and statement of claim
- Usually, getting judgment in default; then
- Enforcement of that judgment in the Court or Federal Court.
Before commencing proceedings it is important to attempt to resolve the matter with your debtor.
Court proceedings can be very expensive and if unsuccessful, you may be ordered to pay the debtor’s costs.
Starting Debt Recovery Queensland
Different Courts in Queensland have different monetary jurisdictions:
- QCAT – small claims of up to $25,000.00
- Magistrates Court – claims up to $150,000.00
- District Court – claims up to $750,000.00
- Supreme Court – claims over $750,000.00