Debt Recovery Qld considers all sensitive and personal information of consumers, suppliers, providers, partners and prospective employees (considered Debt Recovery Qld “consumers” under the Act) as private and only uses information gathered and recorded for you to fulfill the objective of Debt Recovery Qld Services.
In abiding from the National Privacy Rules Debt Recovery Qld will do the following:
- Gather personal, sensitive as well as health information by fair, lawful as well as non-intrusive means;
- Only use information collected for the interest of the customer. In addition, information may be collected and recorded to fulfill Debt Recovery Qld legal obligations;
- Not disclose or distribute personal, sensitive or any other information collected unless required to do so by law.
- Disclose personal, sensitive and health facts to others without consent or required to do so by law;
- Take reasonable steps to ensure the information collected is accurate, complete as well as up-to-date;
- Take reasonable steps to guard personal and/or sensitive information from misuse and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- If a client believes that the personal or sensitive information held by Debt Recovery Qld about them is wrong, incomplete or out of date, they have the right, in accordance using the provisions of this Act, to create any updates or corrections.
Privacy issues within Debt Recovery Qld can be discussed on a confidential basis with individual professionals. Alternatively, if a particular person believes that their privacy continues to be breached and this matter is unable to be resolved by the aforementioned methods, a complaint may be made in writing to Debt Recovery Qld.